Sometimes it's all about the quick, healthy breakfast if you don't have much time on the morning. I have this quite a lot because I am working 2-3 times a week at my University and my work starts at 7.45am. A perfect way to get more sleep but also have a rich, healthy and delicious breakfast is preparing a big bowl of Bircher muesli the night before ;)
You will need:
- 3 apples
- 3-4 tsp of cinnamon
- 100g raisins
- 300g rolled oats
- 3 tbsp of maple syrup
- 2 tbsp of flaxseed / chia seeds
- 1l of almond milk (or any other kind of milk)
- I used a kitchen machine from Philips to grate the apples, but you can use a normal grater. It just takes a little bit more time and it's much more exhausting. I grated many apple by hand and you get muscles from doing this.
- After you grated your apples you can add all the other ingridients to a bowl: 3-4 teaspoons of cinnamon, 100g raisins, 300g rolled oats, 3 tablespoons of maple syrup, 2 tablespoons of flaxseeds or chia seeds and 1l of almond milk (or any other kind of milk)
- Mix everything together and make sure that all the oats are mixed with the milk. The oats need to suck in the milk over night.
- Put something on top of your bowl, maybe a plate, and put it into your fridge over night.
You can now enjoy your Bircher Muesli for the whole week! Just keep it in the fridge.
Best ways to eat it? You can eat it on it own with some extra milk, or put it on top of yoghurt or lowfat quark. Maybe at some cocoa nibs or goji berries. It's such a rich an healthy breakfast.
Would love to hear from you if you tried this delicious breakfast!