I love this bread! It's full of healthy fats and protein and low carb. It's gluten-free, refinded sugarfree and vegan. It's also really easy to make and you can use all these ingredients for many other recipes like pancakes, waffles, cakes. So you don't have to buy ingredients you only need once. You find recipes on my blog with these ingredients if you need some inspration. I hope you like the recipe. I really really love it :)
- (approximately 250-275g) two big mashed very ripe banana
- 50g of grounded almonds
- 60ml of nut milk (non-dairy milk)
- 100g of coconut flour
- 50g coconut flakes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of coconut oil (melted)
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- (optional) 50g of gluten-free oats
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- (optional) 1/2 teaspoon of ginger
- some coconut oil for your loaf pan
- Preheat your oven to 175 degree Celsius in a circulating air oven or 195 degree Celsius in a two-sided heat oven.
- You need a 9x5-inch loaf pan. Use some coconut oil to grease it.
- Mash a banana in a large bowl.
- Add all the dry ingredients: almonds, coconut flour, coconut flakes, baking powder, cinnamon and ginger. Ginger is optional if you like the taste of it.
- You can also add 50g of gluten-free oats for a more solid textures.
- Now add the fluid ingredients like milk, the melted coconut oil and maple syrup.
- Stir everything until you have a nice dough. There shouldn't be any kind of flour, baking powder, cinnaman and so on. The coconut flakes and the oats don't have to be mixed into small pieces. Just stir it, don't mix it and don't use a blender.
- Put your dough into the loaf pan and let it bake for 45-55 minutes. Important: just keep an eye on your banana bread evey 10 minutes :) Use a small needle or a fork to check if the dough isn't fluid anymore.
- You can put some healthy 99% dark chocolate on top on it or sprinkle some coconut sugar on top of the hot banana bread.