My favourite meal of the day is breakfast. This is why I always try new recipes. This time I made protein waffles out of buckwheat flour with apples cooked in honey, water and cinnamon. It's healthy and without refined sugar. I really love this :)
You will need:
- 10g of unflavoured protein powder
- 50g of buckwheat flour
- 100ml of soy milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- some coconut oil for the waffle maker
- 1 apple
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 100ml of water
- optional: 2 pieces of dark chocolate (80% or higher)
- Take a bowl and put the protein powder, the flour, the soy milk, the egg and the baking powder into the bowl. Mix it all together.
- Slice a apple into small pieces and put them into a pan. Add 100ml of water, 1 tablespoon of honey and cinnamon. Cook it on high heat for about 2-3 minutes. The water should cook into the apple a little bit and the apple should be softer. Put it on lower heat for 5-8 minutes. You need to have some sauce left. It shouldn't be gone totally.
- For the waffles: Just take a waffle maker, put your waffle mix into it and wait for about 4-5 minutes.
- Put the honey-cinnamon apple on the waffles and also add two pieces of chocolate.