Beauty. Fashion. Nutrition. Recipes. Fitness. Lifestyle. Travel. Literature.

Sunday, 4 September 2016

Rye pancakes with a healthy strawberry sauce


The one thing I always do is making breakfast for myself and my boyfriend. He isn't a morning person, but I am. So the one thing that makes him stand up, get down the stairs and sit down is pancakes or any kind of delicious breakfast and coffee. I did my cinnamon honey apple pancakes the last 3-4 times, so I wanted to do something else. I made these healthy rye pancakes with a delicious strawberry sauce. I always uses unsweetend frozen berries. I don't really like canned fruits because it's always full of sugar. I much prefer adding some sweetness by adding honey or maple syrup.

You will need for one portion:
  • 50g of rye flour
  • 1 egg
  • 80-100ml of milk (any kind)
  • 200g of frozen strawberrys (without added sugar)
  • 1 tablespoon of honey
  • 1 teaspoon of vanilla sugar
  • 1 teaspoon of baking powder
  • some oil for the pan
For the pancakes: Put the flour, the egg, the milk, the vanilla sugar and the baking powder into a bowl and mix it together. If the dough is to solid just add some milk. Put some coconut oil into your pan and put the stove on middle heat. Wait until the oil is hot and make some little pancakes. It's much easier to flip them. Wait about 2 minutes until you can see bubble on the pancakes. Flip them carefully and wait another 2 minutes.

For the strawberry sauce: add about 200g of strawberries into a bowl and put the oven on middle heat. Add about half a cup of water and 1 tablespoon of honey or maple syrup into the bowl. Wait until the water is boiling and don't forget to stir it. The water should boil because the strawberries need to get soft. If it's boiling to hot you can lower the heat. If you like your sauce a little bit sweeter you can add another tablespoon of honey.

If this is ready too you can make a little pancakes tower and put the strawberries on top. But be careful, you don't want to tower to fall! :)

I hope you're going to enjoy these amazing pancakes!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig