Beauty. Fashion. Nutrition. Recipes. Fitness. Lifestyle. Travel. Literature.

Friday, 5 August 2016

Protein-buckwheat pancake tower


I love making little pancake towers. It keeps me full for 5-6 hours (!). It's just amazing. I often eat my breakfast at 6.30am (at home) / 7.30am (on the train), because I wake up at 5.30am and start to work at 8am because I'm doing an internship from july to october. So today I had my breakfast around 6.30am and became hungry at 11.50am - so 5h20m laters. This is really, really good :) Today I took the time to make myself some amazing breakfast: buckwheat-protein pancakes with honey-cinnamon apples.
I really had a good day, but, my lunch was so big. This is why I ate a little bit too much today (about 1850-1900kcal). I'm not going to gain weight, but it's to much. Had to much muesli, but I'm learning from my mistakes. I just need to plan my meals a little bit better, around 500 calories for breakfast and lunch, and 400calories for dinner would be amazing. And: 150 for treats. But I don't want to focus on calories so much. I want to eat healthy. Vegetables, protein and so on. Smaller portions, and so on.

You'll need:
  • 1 large free-range egg
  • 25g of protein flour
  • 25g of buckwheat flour
  • 50-80ml of milk - the dough shouldn't be to fluid 'cause we want the pancake to be a little bit bigger but not so 'wide' and flat
  • 1 large apple (I use 'Golden Delicious')
  • 20g of honey
  • 5g cinnamon (or more if you want)
  • 2g of baking powder
  • 1g of vanilla sugar
  • 1tbsp of oil (for the pan)


Take a pan and a small cooking pot. Chopp the apple into small pieces (as small or as big as you like) and put them into the bowl, add the honey and the cinnamon and stir it with a spoon. Cook it on middle to high heat. Keep an eye on it. It's ok if the cinnamon-honey sauce is getting a little big thicker.

Now take a bowl and put in the flour, the egg, the baking powder, the vanilla sugar and the milk. Whisk it with a whisker / eggbeater until you have a smooth dough. It shouldn't be too smooth because we want to have big pancakes that didn't get to flat. Put some oil in the pan, wait until the oil is hot. Cook it on middle heat. Put a little bit of dough in the pan and make small pancakes (as you can see on the picture). Don't forget to stir the apples.

Now you can cook the pancakes on each side for about 2-3 minutes. You control the pancakes after 1m30s and look if the pancakes is getting to dark. We don't want black pancakes! After they're cook just build a little pancake tower,  put the apples with the cinnamon-honey sauce on top the pancakes. Be careful. We don't want the tower to fell apart. Now you're done and you can enjoy this lovely and beautiful breakfast.


Nutritions (according to MyFitnessPal):
  • calories: 530g
  • carbs: 67g
  • protein: 23g
  • fats: 16g
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig