Beauty. Fashion. Nutrition. Recipes. Fitness. Lifestyle. Travel. Literature.

Monday, 1 August 2016

Meal prepping: A healthy day at work

 

I'm doing an internship right now. So I'm getting up at 5.30-6am (mostly 5.30), start my work at 8am and work until 4pm. It takes me around 40-60/70m to get home after work because the trains are never on time or I have to stop at every traffic light. So it depends. I often take the bike because it would take the time than taking the train. And when taking the bike I at least have my workout done for that day ;) So I need to prep my food because I don't want to buy unhealthy stuff at bakerys that does not keep me full. Don't get me wrong: I love donuts, bagels, crossiants and so on but this doesn't keep me full, it's expensive and it's full of sugar. So I'm prepping my meals and have amazing, healthy, satisfying meals that keep me full for 4-5 hours :)

First I prep my breakfast. I often have oatmeal or avocado and egg on toast. So: protein, carbs and fats. It's a perfect mixture to stay full for a long time. I often eat my oatmeal on the train with my bike infront of me. It's really hard for me to not have breakfast for 2-3 hours after I wake up. So I eat my breakfast at around 7.40am so a little bit over 2 hours after I woke up.

For the apple-cinnamon oatmeal you'll need:
  • 40-50g of soft oats
  • 150ml of soy milk
  • 200ml of water
  • 1 big apple (optional: another small apple)
  • 1tbs of honey
  • 1tbs of cinnamon (or cocao powder)

It's really easy. Just put the oats, the milk and the water into one bowl - stir it and put it in your fridge over night. On the next morning I'm cooking the oats until it's a smooth mixture. I slice the apple and put them into another pot and add the honey and the cinnamon. I'm cooking this until the apple are smooth and the honey has turned into a nice honey-cinnamon sauce. I put the oats back into the little bowl and put the apple on top. I often do my makeup while this is cooking ;)


One of my favourite lunch is my layered yoghurt-quark with berries, fruit and some granola. Unfortunately the box was to small this time. So I have to eat the peach separately.

For the layerd yoghurt-quark with berries & fruits you'll need:
  • 200g of yoghurt (I use natural soy yoghurt by Alpro)
  • 200g of lowfat quark (I use lactose-free quark)
  • 100-150g of frozen berries (or normal berries)
  • another kind of fruit of your choice (apple, peach, pear, apricot...)
  • 30-40g of granola or muesli / cereal

First put the Quark layer in box, then add some berries or fruit - just everything you want. I often put a layer of frozen berries on top of the quark layer. The berries defrost overnight a leave a berrie sauce on the quark, it's so delicious! After that I put some soy yoghurt on top of the berries, and If I had space I would put a peach or a apple on top of the yoghurt. I finish with 30-40g of granola and this is my lunch. It's really filling, it's healthy and absolutly delicious!

 
And because veggies are really important and a great snack I always chopp some veggies. I really love having peppers and carrots 2-3h after my lunch because I know I'm not getting home for the next 2-3 hours and this is kinda keep me going until I'm having my dinner at around 6pm.
As a dinner I often have something really nice to treat myself after a long day at work and the long ride on the bike. I often have healthy veggie burger with avocado on rye-bread. Or zucchini noodles with an avocado sauce. If you like to read a "What I Eat On A (Working) Day" (with different options) - tell me

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig