Beauty. Fashion. Nutrition. Recipes. Fitness. Lifestyle. Travel. Literature.

Monday, 25 July 2016

Porridge with apples in a honey-cinnamon sauce


This is my go-to breakfast before a run or for cold-days. Oatmeal or Porridge is so healthy, it's really filling and it's really delicious. I think I perfect this recipe after a few trys now. It's my favourite porridge ♥

You will need:
  • 40g of fine oat flakes
  • 120-150ml of soy milk (or other nut milk)
  • 120-150ml of water
  • one large apple
  • honey
  • cinnamon
So first you have to put the oat flakes, water and milk into a bowl and make it boil. If I'm having a long run I'll have 50-60g of oat flakes and 1 1/2 apples. On normal morning I have 40g of oats. So it's okay if the oatmeal is boiling a lot. Just make sure that nothing burns on the bottom on the pot. Stiring your oats is really important. Just let it cook for 5-8 minutes. It should be really smooth.


Meanwhile you need another pot for the apple sauce. Slice the apple into small pieces, add one tablespoon of honey and as much cinnamon as you like. I like to add a tablespoon of cinnamon because I love the taste and consistency. Cook this on a high heat for 1-2 minutes, also make sure it doesn't get burned. Stir it all the time. After 1-2 minutes put the heat down to middle heat and let it cook until the apple are a soft and you have a little "honey-cinnamon sauce". Just put the sauce on your oatmeal and enjoy your breakfast :)
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig