Beauty. Fashion. Nutrition. Recipes. Fitness. Lifestyle. Travel. Literature.

Friday, 5 February 2016

Review: Panic! at the disco - Death of a Bachelor


The first Panic at the disco recordthat debute number one. Unfortunatly not the best one, more like... the worse. But I'm happy for Brendon Urie. I just wished that he get this number one for a different record. Maybe it's like with Leonardo DiCaprio and the Oscars. He wa so much better in many movies, but I still hope that he can finally get the prize!

Anyway, I was very sad because I was really looking forward to this record. While listening I was constantly disappointed with every song. There is a mess, no line, the music is confusing and the lyrics without purpose and without meaning. I am a huge Panic! At The Disco fan and I had previously been more than satisfied with every album. I loved so many songs and many of them are one of my favorite songs 'til today. So I can only recommend the previous albums. You can listen to them on Spotify.

Now a small review of the new record.
"Victorious" is the first single and is the most "Panic! At The Disco" -like song. Brendon Uries voice is amazing. You get the feeling that they put more input in this song, the most I guess. "Do not Threaten Me With A Good Time" is the first song that sounds like something Frank Sinatra. The whole album is influenced by Frank Sinatra. Brendon Urie didn't needed to copy him. He is an great artist by its one. In "Hallelujah" Brendon Uries voice is beautiful and
comes into play. I liked this song just because it was a bit more quite and not as chaotic as the other songs. "Emperor's New chlothes" is a good example of a chaotic song without meaning and without golden thread. Very sad. "Death of a Bachelor" could have been a song from Sinatra. It is beautiful and - again a bit quieter! The biggest problem with Panic! At The Disco's new album is really that many songs are too chaotic, too full. And the other problem is that one often thinks: "Have I inserted the Frank Sinatra Christmas record?". "LA devotee" is one of the song I really adore. It has a nice melody and I just love it and listen to it all the time. It is very intuitive and a good pop song. I like the verses in "The Good, The Bad and The Dirty". Brendon Urie sings very dark and I like the melody. The whole "oh-oh-oh" (also in "House Of Memories") in the chorus is too flat and I want the greats lyrics back. I liked the last bridge before the last chorus in "House Of Memories". It seems more harmonious and the melody is really good. Brendon Urie ends his album with another "Sinatra" song. It really sounds like Sinatra at certain moments of the song. Brendon please, you don't need this! Such a talented singer who is so lucky to be born with such a voice. "Impossible Year" is indeed a good, quiet song, but as I said - like Sinatra. And I don't want Sinatra song in a Panic! At The Disco record.
Unfortunately, the album is a disappointment. No doubt - Brendon Urie is a great singer. However, I can only hope that he quickly hangs Frank Sinatra in the closet - so to speak - and start to creat is one music again.


Rating: 2 / 5


Basic informations:
  • Released: January 15, 2016
  • Genre: pop, rock
  • Length: 36:06
  • Label: Fueled by Ramen 

Tracklist:
  1. Victorious
  2. Don't Threaten Me with a Good Time
  3. Hallelujah
  4. Emperor's New Clothes
  5. Death of a Bachelor (a half)
  6. Crazy=Genius
  7. LA Devotee
  8. Golden Days
  9. The Good, the Bad and the Dirty
  10. House of Memories
  11. Impossible Year

Listen to it on Spotify:

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig