I love breakfast! Therefore, breakfast is always the biggest meal of my day. In the morning I'm always more hungry then later. My favorite recipe is the "flour-free banana pancakes with cinnamon -honey-apples". If you don't like cinnamon - or apples. I have an alternative recipe with chocolate. Both recipes are healthy and 100% vegetarian.
You need this for one portion:
• 1 egg
• 1 large banana
• 1 teaspoon of baking powder
•Tip: For a better consistency add 1-2 tablespoons milk (soy, almond, lactose free) and one tablespoon of coconut, almond or soy flour. In case you aren't intolerant to gluten - rye flour is also a healthy alternative.
For the apple pancake:
• 1 larg apple
• 1 tablespoon of honey (or a vegan alternative)
• 1-2 teaspoon of cinnamon (but you can add more or less. It's your choice)
For the chocolate pancake:
• Cacao Nibs - But: dark chocolate with no added sugar (I always get the one with 100% chocolate)
• Extra: you can add some fruits for the side if you like to :)
Preparation of the pancake:
1. Cut the banana into small pieces and crush them to much with a fork.
2. Add the egg and baking powder
3. if the consistency is good, then your ready. If you do not like the consistency, add the flour and the milk. The dough should not be too "slimy" and not too solid. Attempts to achieve a creamy dough.
4. Now you should add a little oil in a pan - olive oil, coconut oil or other oil. Put the oven to a medium or mid-high level.
5. Make small pancakes! It's easier to flip them when they are small.
5b. If you want to make the chocolate pancake, then place a somecacao nips on the pancake.
6. Flip the pancake when you're seeing small bubbles on the pancake - after 1-2 minutes.
7. Let the other side fry for 2 minutes.
Preparation of the cinnamon-honey-apples.
1. Cut the apple into elongated, not too thin pieces.
2. Pit the apples in a cooking pot, add one tablespoon honey and cinnamon in the amount of your choice.
3. Let the apples cook until (also put the oven on a medium to mid high level) until the honey is very liquid and boiling. The apples should also be softer too.
4. And do not forget: Stir! Don't let the apple burn.
5. If you like the consistency of the apples, you can place the apples on your pancakes.
I love this recipe! It's quick, easy and healthy. I can eat pancakes without remorse.
Send me your pictures of the pancakes if you have tried the recipe :)